Even when you are sure that you didn't install anything you still should be looking out at your Extensions. Lets go step by step in solving your Malware and Spammy Links in Google Chrome
Step 1: Remove unwanted programs from Chrome
Chrome Cleanup Tool searches your computer for suspicious programs and offers to remove them for you. On your Windows computer, visit the Chrome Cleanup Tool website.
- Click Download now.
- Read the terms of service, and click Accept and Download.
- Open the File.
- Windows will ask if you want to run the file. Click Run.
- The Chrome Cleanup Tool will scan your computer. You'll see a list of any malicious software found.
- Click Remove suspicious programs.
- Chrome will open a new tab, and ask you to reset your settings. Click Reset.
Step 2: Remove unwanted programs
You can try MalwareBytes, an anti-malware program that can find other malicious software that the Chrome Cleanup Tool might not remove.
Step 3: Reset your browser settings
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the "Reset settings" section, click Reset settings.
- Confirm by clicking Reset.
Not a good option but at times you need to do so , worry not as you will get all your settings back after you sign back in with yout google Account.
Step 4: Uninstall Chrome for a Reinstall
- Uninstall Chrome
- Reinstall Google Chrome
Not the best option but when everything else fails , this one is suppose to work